Wednesday, December 3, 2014

4 Little Words

So clearly I missed yesterday's post. Ha! But I'm back...

Recently I did a drastic change and decided to go back to my natural hair. I cut my shoulder length hair into a short pixie cut. Albeit a few close people, nobody knew what I was contemplating until my hair made its debut.

"OMG! I love it!" "Omg! Your hair! What did you do?" And my favorite: "You cut your hair. Why?" 

Now I didn't change my hair because I got some deep revelation about my ancestors and suddenly will be burning incense, wearing dashikis and all the other stereotypes natural hair wearers get. I changed my hair due to 4 little words:

BECAUSE I WANTED TO.

And when I replied to the person who asked me that, I realize just how simple and uncomplicated things can be.

Because I want to. Period.

I can change my hair, change my clothes, change the way I think about something, change my bad habits, change my life if I want to. If next week I decided I want to wear hair extensions, I can! I don't have to ask for permission or look for acceptance to be me.  


The thing is having the desire to want to do the right thing. 

We all have a choice. 

Wanting someone to fall off a cliff, not a good idea.

Wanting to change some things for the better in 2015? Great idea.

No comments:

Post a Comment